FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. Are you SEVIS (Student & Exchange Visitor Information System) approved and can you issue I-20 to international students? Yes.
2. Which English proficency exams do you accept? We accept the ITEP SLATE Plus. ELTIS, TOEFL & TOEFL Jr.
3. What is the minimum score? We will look at all aspects of the application, but expect students to have above average English proficency.
4. Do you offer English as a Second Language, (ESL) courses? We do not have ESL classes. Students are expected to be proficient in English so they are able to read, write, speak & learn in English.
5. How many international students do you have, and where are they usually from? We have anywhere from 10 to 30 international students during any given year. Students come from all over the world, including England, Germany, Chile, China, Korea and more.
6. When is the application deadline for fall enrollment? Application deadline is May 1st which gives us time to review the application and get the required information for completion of the I-20 if the student is accepted.
7. What is the tuition for international students? The International Student tuition rate for 2018-2019 is $9,500. Tuition rates do not include activity fees and living expenses. When is tuition due? Tuition can be paid in one or two payments. The first or full payment is due August 20 and the second is due December 20.
8. Do you arrange host families for international students? Although we do not currently have a formal system in place for finding host families for students, we will try to assist when possible. Once we have all the information from the student, and the student is accepted, we will assist with finding a host family. We encourge students to work with International student programs which guarantee host family placement. If OGHS finds a host family there may be an arrangement in which the student’s family pays the host family a monthly stipend. If a host family is not found – students will not able to attend. We encourage students to work with International student programs, guarantee host family placement.
9. Do students pay host families? The school does not require the student to pay their host family a stipend, however most pay on average of $500/month to cover living expenses. International student families & host families work together to agree on an appropriate stipend.
10. Which International student programs does O’Gorman work with most frequently? CCI Greenheart, Children Around the World.
11. What colleges do your students usually go to? O’Gorman graduates attend colleges and universities all over the nation. The majority of our students take the American College Testing (ACT) exam and not the SAT. Testing results can be found on our school profile.