Our schools have a uniform policy for all students. Uniforms provide our students with a sense of identity and membership. We believe a uniform policy helps to eliminate class distinctions and affirms our belief that a student’s understanding of self should be based upon faith, character, and Christian dignity, not outward appearance. Students are required to wear uniforms on all days except those specified as dress up/dress down days by the administration.
Sioux Falls Catholic School Preschool through 6th grade students’ uniforms consist of:
- White shirts with long or short sleeves, must have a collar or turtleneck.
- Sweatshirts that are specific color/style—purchased through the school. A white turtleneck or collared shirt must be worn under sweatshirts. Sweatshirts can be purchased at the school 1-2 times during the school year. Please contact the school for specific times.
- Navy blue walking shorts/pants. Pants must be twill or corduroy and appropriate ankle length. Girls in grades PreK—3 can wear navy leggings and stretch pants. Girls and boys can wear navy pants any time during the school year. Shorts for boys and girls can be worn only in the months of August, September, April and May.
- School plaid skirt, jumper or skort that is purchased through the Dennis Uniform Company or at each school’s uniform exchange. (www.dennisuniform.com)*
- Most student wear tennis shoes or comfortable leather shoes with socks of their choosing. Sandals can be worn (with socks) but must have a back strap.
- A physical education uniform is required in grades 4-6. It must be purchased from the O’Gorman Knight Locker or through each school’s uniform exchange.
- All clothing items need to be free of decorations, logos and symbols.
- No t-shirts (as outer shirt) or denim pants are allowed.
- Schools schedule out of uniform days (dress up/ down days) from time to time (as a reward or for special occasions).